|PARK RULES and REGULATIONS
Please notify the Bureau of Parks at 203 574-6793 if you have to cancel your event for any reason and to check to make sure your scheduled Rain Date is still open.
Any damage or cleanup to the park shelter or fields is the responsibility of the organization. The organization agrees to collect all trash generated by the event and dispose of it in the trash receptacles that are supplied on site. You will be expected to return the facility to its original conditional. Any violation of this will result in a loss of permit for future use of Waterbury facilities and subject to a fee of $250.00 for cleanup Note *If damage is done in excess of the fee then additional costs may be incurred*. The organization will not be allowed use of the park or facilities in the future if any of the rules/regulations outlined in this application are violated.
The organization agrees to waive, release, absolve, indemnify and to hold harmless the City of Waterbury, Department of Public Works Bureau of Parks, its officials, employees from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, damages and/or causes of action arising during the term of this approved usage, for any personal injury, loss of life, and the liability incurred in and about any such claims the investigation thereof of the defense of any action process brought thereon and against any orders and/or judgments that may be entered therein.
No ladders can be brought in to decorate. Confetti is not allowed. The use of glue nails tacks, screws, staples or other fasteners that may scratch or otherwise damage surfaces of any building or shelter are prohibited. You may use tape, but decorations must be taken down before you leave. The use of chalk on any surface is prohibited. Decorating is only allowed during your rental time. Picnic tables inside any park gazebos or shelters must stay inside and are not to be removed from the site. You may bring additional folding tables and chairs if needed.
Bounce Houses/Inflatable Party Equipment
Are not allowed in any City of Waterbury Parks.
Some park gazebos or shelters are equipped with electricity which may be used with prior approval. Water is available in some parks though water bubblers only.
Some parks are equipped with restrooms. If so, please note that those facilities are only open during the hours of daylight unless prior approval is granted.
Gazebos in City of Waterbury parks that have them are not reserved but are there for residents to use on a first come/first served basis. With the exception of Brass Mills Stone House, Lakewood, Bucks Hills, Bunker Hill and East Mountain which are given out in four (4) hour increments.
Portable grills are permitted, but may not be located underneath any gazebo or shelter or on any concrete or blacktopped area. No fires except in grills designated for that purpose. Fires should not be left unattended. No person shall leave any park facility without first having completely extinguished any fire. Portable fire pits are prohibited. Propane grills are allowed with special permission only.
Parking areas and speed limits are to be observed. Handicapped parking areas are posted. Only vehicle marked with handicapped permits are allowed in these spaces. Unlicensed vehicles are prohibited including, but not limited to go-carts, mini-bikes, and ATV’s. Parks close at dusk. No overnight parking is allowed, violators will be towed.
All pets must be kept on a leash. Please be considerate and clean up after your pets.
Sales or Charging Admission Fees
No person shall vend, sell or offer for sale any food, beverage, or other commodity within any park to the public without authorization from the Bureau of Parks Director. Individuals or groups acquiring such authorization are responsible for obtaining all necessary permits or licenses from the City of Waterbury Health Department and must be displayed at all times.
Smoking, Glass, Alcohol, Firearms Fireworks and Profanity
The following is prohibited in all city parks:
- Smoking-City ordinance restricts smoking to the parking areas of all City parks and the non building areas of City golf courses.
- Glass bottles
- Disorderly conduct will not be tolerated. This includes using loud and abusive language, breaking limbs of trees, and damaging property.
Tents must be unstaked, due to irrigation lines, no stakes are to be driven into the ground for any reason without prior approval by park personnel. Any tents over 12 x 12 or 144 square feet may need to obtain a building permit through the Building Inspections Department and can be reached at (203) 574-6832.
The City of Waterbury noise ordinance must be followed in all areas of the park. Music must not be played at a volume that could disturb other park guests or neighbors located near the park. Music with profanities will not be tolerated. Live bands and DJ’s require a Special Event Permit (See Attached).
- Facilities are to be used for approved purposes only. The City of Waterbury reserves the right to inspect the premises and facilities at all times to ensure proper usage.
- Upon receiving the reservation confirmation, please observe the date, time and location indicated. Any discrepancies noted please contact the Bureau of Parks immediately. The organization must have their reservation confirmation in their possession on the day of the reservation.
- Transfer of the park to another organization for use on the reserved day is not allowed. The organization and the contact person or his or her designee must be on-site the duration of the event.
- City owned parks are patrolled by the City of Waterbury Police Department. Dial 911 for any emergency situation. For non-emergency situations, please contact Police Dispatch at 203 574-6911.
- All provisions of the City of Waterbury Ordinances governing the public use of grounds shall apply. These Ordinances are available on line for review at www.waterburyct.org.
- Accidents, injuries, and/or damage to park property are to be reported to the Bureau of Parks immediately or as early as possible the next business day.
- No food trucks, vendor’s vehicles or motorized vehicles are allowed on any park property without the Bureau of Parks permission.
- Any anticipated street closures on the day of the event must have special permission from the City of Waterbury Police Department. Please contact Lt. Dan Ferrucci at 203 574-9311.
- Rental of the City of Waterbury portable band stand is available at $125.00 for four hours and $50.00 per hour if the event goes over the allotted timeframe. This includes one City of Waterbury employee for set-up and breakdown.
The following activities require a Special Events Permit and may require a Certificate of Insurance which names the City of Waterbury as an additional insured.
- Operation of special amusements, including but not limited to animal (horse, pony or other live animal) or mechanical rides, inflatable play amusements, rock climbing walls, and musical or theatrical performances.
- Conduct of camps, fairs, exhibitions, rallies, fundraising efforts, races walks, athletic league games or practices, and other organized events.
- Construction of tents, dunking booths, or other temporary structures. NO LONGER ALLOWED – canopies inflatable amusements, this includes bounce houses, moon walks, water slides, and portable pools.
- Use of musical instruments, radios and other sound devices, and amplifies sound equipment.
- Sale of food, beverages, or other goods.
- Collection of fees or monetary contributions.
- Permission must be obtained in advance from the Board of Parks Commissioners.